A few pictures of Lake Powell. I went for a couple of days with the kids. Travis braved it for five days. Rain and wind did not stop him and others from fishing.
This is me, Grandma Hardin and Clay braving it out towards the houseboat (not the one behind us). They tried to get out there the day before but turned back after getting soaked from the rain and waves. The next day we were prepared with ponchos but had boat problems and had to turn back to the dock. We got to stay in a hotel room again. We were lucky because it stormed all night out on the lake . It would have been awful for the kids. The third venture was the charm.
We made it to the house boat about two hours later after leaving Wahweap marina. This is Clay taking it easy. Clay, Taylin and I jumped in the water. It was cold but refreshing.
This is Clay going really fast down the slide at the back of the houseboat. Taylin went down the slide too, but I had to catch her so I didn't get a picture of her. She had fun, but the water was freezing to her and she didn't do it again. That is Chad (Krista's husband) and Steve (Rhonda's boyfriend) going off fishing in the background.
Clay and Taylin having some down time in one of the Staterooms. I would hate to see a regular room, this room had a bed and a closet. It was more like a closet with a bed. ha-ha
This is one of the many fish Travis caught. It was funny because they were going out in their boat to go fishing, when all along they got the best fishing from the back of the boat. They caught stripers, small and large mouth bass, and catfish. It was fun for all.
The top two pictures are the same just about an hour or two later. I have so many pictures of the sunrises and sunsets. I would love to show them all. 
This is Clay on one of his many hikes. It was scary to watch him climb. He went pretty high and loved every minute of it, unlike his mom who was thinking "what do I do if..."
This is when the fishing got good, at sunset. It was fun to watch these grown men act like kids on Christmas morning.
Travis is still recuperating from his four wheeler accident. He rolled it and hurt himself pretty bad. So when he takes his "happy" pills he zonks out. I tell him it serves him right for going by himself. Insensitive isn't it? Taylin is just there for moral support or I think she was throwing a fit. Can't remember.
Taylin collected all the seashells on the beach. I kept telling her to leave some for the next little girl but she kept bringing me hand fulls. She had a fun time.
This is the last sunset at Lake Powell that we saw. The kids and I packed up the next day and left.
The last morning a couple more hooks in. Fishing til the last minute. Taylin loved the fish and Clay couldn't stay farther away from them.
GOODBYE LAKE POWELL!!! This was the last day for us. We were so sad to leave but got out of there just in time for the next storm. Sorry to bore you with all the pictures but it was a fun trip. We are already saving for next September.
This is me, Grandma Hardin and Clay braving it out towards the houseboat (not the one behind us). They tried to get out there the day before but turned back after getting soaked from the rain and waves. The next day we were prepared with ponchos but had boat problems and had to turn back to the dock. We got to stay in a hotel room again. We were lucky because it stormed all night out on the lake . It would have been awful for the kids. The third venture was the charm.
We made it to the house boat about two hours later after leaving Wahweap marina. This is Clay taking it easy. Clay, Taylin and I jumped in the water. It was cold but refreshing.

This is Clay going really fast down the slide at the back of the houseboat. Taylin went down the slide too, but I had to catch her so I didn't get a picture of her. She had fun, but the water was freezing to her and she didn't do it again. That is Chad (Krista's husband) and Steve (Rhonda's boyfriend) going off fishing in the background.

Clay and Taylin having some down time in one of the Staterooms. I would hate to see a regular room, this room had a bed and a closet. It was more like a closet with a bed. ha-ha

This is one of the many fish Travis caught. It was funny because they were going out in their boat to go fishing, when all along they got the best fishing from the back of the boat. They caught stripers, small and large mouth bass, and catfish. It was fun for all.
The top two pictures are the same just about an hour or two later. I have so many pictures of the sunrises and sunsets. I would love to show them all. 
This is Clay on one of his many hikes. It was scary to watch him climb. He went pretty high and loved every minute of it, unlike his mom who was thinking "what do I do if..."

This is when the fishing got good, at sunset. It was fun to watch these grown men act like kids on Christmas morning.

Travis is still recuperating from his four wheeler accident. He rolled it and hurt himself pretty bad. So when he takes his "happy" pills he zonks out. I tell him it serves him right for going by himself. Insensitive isn't it? Taylin is just there for moral support or I think she was throwing a fit. Can't remember.

Taylin collected all the seashells on the beach. I kept telling her to leave some for the next little girl but she kept bringing me hand fulls. She had a fun time.

This is the last sunset at Lake Powell that we saw. The kids and I packed up the next day and left.

The last morning a couple more hooks in. Fishing til the last minute. Taylin loved the fish and Clay couldn't stay farther away from them.

GOODBYE LAKE POWELL!!! This was the last day for us. We were so sad to leave but got out of there just in time for the next storm. Sorry to bore you with all the pictures but it was a fun trip. We are already saving for next September.
7 comments:
Wow, awesome pictures! I am jealous. It sounds like you had a great time surrounded by all that beauty. Cute family too!
Looks like you guys had so much fun, Rain Or shine!!loved the pictures, always do.
So fun!!! I won't Uncle Craig see them because he will be soooooo jealous! Excited to see you soon!
Aunt M
Aww! Lake Powell! I'm jealous now! Sounds like you had tons of fun and hope to see you guys soon!
Looks SO fun! Kyle is jealous too (so am I). Such great pictures! Lake Powell is awesome!
That looks like you guys had SO much fun, wish I could be there. Thanks for posting the pictures I seriously love seeing them.
Allison
What beautiful pictures! I have never been there. We have been trying to talk your parents into doing that for years haven't we? They need to get on the bandwagon. HOw FUN!!!It's about 54 degrees here right now, so cold water sounds freezing, but I'm sure when it is around 100 degrees it is nice! love ya
Post a Comment